Welcome to Sierra Valley College of Court Reporting
Mission and Objectives
Sierra Valley College of Court Reporting’s primary philosophy of education is to train our students in highly specialized skills so that they may become a self-supporting member of the community. Sierra Valley College of Court Reporting built a system of training based upon striving for excellence in all aspects of the court reporting field. Our mission is to instill integrity and confidence through the training process so that our graduates can successfully compete in today’s marketplace bringing credit to their chosen profession and the community in which they live.
The objectives of the College are as follows:
- Provide a highly specialized career-specific curriculum;
- Build integrity and relationships with the students;
- Maintain skilled and experienced educational staff and faculty devoted to the professional development of each student;
- Provide services to assist students in the successful completion of the court reporting program and job placement assistant.
Why a career in court reporting?
To help answer this question, below are links to informative stories about court reporting:
Benefits of a Career as a Court Reporter
- Above average income and financial security.
- A choice in work environments with flexibility to match your lifestyle in either public sector, private sector, or freelance employment.
- The opportunity to be a part of the exciting disciplines of law, government, medicine and business.
- Many employment opportunities working within the State court system or for private attorneys, court reporting firms, closed captioning services and medical transcription services.