Effective March 24, 2017, it is with great sadness that we announce the closure of Sierra Valley College of Court Reporting.
The following information is provided to help students transition through this difficult time.
Official Transcript Requests
Letter to Students
To view a copy of the letter sent to students announcing the school closing, click here.
School Closure Fact Sheet
To view the U.S. Department of Education School Closure Fact Sheet, click here. Note there may be a delay until the Sierra Valley College fact sheet is made available.
Federal Student Loan Information
It may be possible for you to discharge your federal student loans and not have to repay them under certain circumstances. For more information about this, the following link has been provided to learn more about discharging your federal student loans:
You may also log in to https://www.nslds.ed.gov/nslds/nslds_SA/ to view your personal financial aid information. Please note that all scheduled financial aid payment will not be processed.
Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE) - Guide for Students Facing a School Closure
For California residents only, when you enrolled you paid an assessment to the Student Tuition Recovery Fund (STRF). The State of California created STRF to relieve or mitigate economic losses suffered by California residents who were students while attending certain schools regulated by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education (BPPE).
Representatives from the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education will be contacting you directly to discuss your options and explain the STRF program noted below.
You may be eligible for STRF if you are a California Resident; prepaid tuition, paid the STRF assessment, and suffered an economic loss as a result of any of the following:
- The school closed before the course of instruction was completed.
- The school’s failure to pay refunds or charges on behalf of the student to a third party for license fees or any other purpose, or to provide equipment or materials for which a charge was collected within one hundred eighty (180) calendar days before the closure of the school.
- The school’s failure to pay or reimburse loan proceeds under a federally guaranteed student loan program as required by law or to pay or reimburse proceeds received by the school prior to closure in excess of tuition or other cost.
- There was a decline in the quality of the course of instruction within thirty (30) calendar days before the school closed or, if the decline began earlier than thirty (30) calendar days prior to closure, the period of decline determined by the Bureau.
- An inability to collect on a judgment against the institution for a violation of the California Private Postsecondary Education Act of 2009.
Application for STRF: http://www.bppe.ca.gov/forms_pubs/strf.pdf
However, no claim can be paid to any student without a social security number or taxpayer identification number.
The Bureau’s physical address is 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400, Sacramento, California, 95833 and its website address is www.bppe.ca.gov.
The links below will help you explore some of the options available to you for continuing your education. We wish you all the very best in your future endeavors.
These links do not include all of the Court Reporting Programs available. Sierra Valley College of Court Reporting does not endorse or approve any program listed. The links are provided for your reference only.
Official Transcript Requests
If you were a current student when the school closed your unofficial transcript was emailed out to you and an official transcript was mailed out to you in March 2017.
Former student records will remain available for request on our website by filling out the information below to request a transcript. Please allow 30 days from the day you request your official transcript to the date of delivery, thank you.