About Sierra Valley College
Since 1973, Sierra Valley College of Court Reporting has been preparing Valley students for personal and professional success. We have hundreds of graduates employed throughout California's court system, and a continuing legacy of high student achievement.
Sierra Valley College is accredited by the Accrediting Council of Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award diplomas and certificates. The Council is listed as a nationally-recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. The College offers diploma courses in Court Reporting.
Approvals and Recognition
- U.S. Department of Education - Sierra Valley College is certified to participate in programs of student financial assistance under the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, by the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Post secondary Education, Office of Student Financial Assistance.
- California Court Reporters Board - Sierra Valley College is recognized as an approved school for certification of students eligible for state certification.
- Specialized Program Approvals - Sierra Valley College is recognized as an eligible training institution by the State of California for Veteran’s training; Social Security Administration; State Department of Rehabilitation for training under the rehabilitation program; and by the State Department of Employment Development for JTPA and other programs.
Sierra Valley College is a member of the Association of Reporter Training Schools and holds associate membership in the National Court Reporters Association, California Court Reporters Association, and National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators.
Sierra Valley College is housed in a modern 16,000 square-foot campus comprised of three buildings located at 4747 N. First Street in Fresno, California. The fully-equipped facilities include the following training aids and furnishings:
- Dictating rooms containing comfortable chairs, podia simulating the court bench, and remote-controlled light panels for multiple voice dictation.
- Lecture rooms equipped with desks, podium, and white boards.
- Computer labs equipped with the latest computer hardware.
- Student lunchroom and lounge.
- Library for study.
- Bookstore and storage areas.